Soccer Tournament Rules
Team Check-in Details
Please read below as check-in instructions have changed (August 9, 2023)
- Official Roster
- If using US Youth Soccer, the roster must be signed by the club registrar. (no write-ins by anyone other than the club registrar)
- If using US Club Soccer, teams must provide an official US Club roster. (no write-ins). Even though actual physical player cards are not required, each player on the printed roster must be cleared through US Club. If "No Card" is listed by a player's name, they have not been cleared through US Club. You can call the US Club office and ask for them to be processed in time or provide a current US Club card from 2023-24
- Medical releases
- Teams must show copies of medical releases for their players. Teams can use whatever version of a medical release that their club uses. There is no tournament-specific medical release. Or having the entire team members medical release forms on file
- Players cards are NOT required! We use the official roster as proof of registration and birth date
Please check your teams in up to two hours before your first scheduled game, with your roster and medical releases
Maximum team roster per age groups is as follow: REVISED
- U9 – U10 …. Maximum 12 players (not to exceed 12)
- U11 – 12 ….. Maximum 16 players (not to exceed 16)
- U13 – U19 ….Maximum 20 players (not to exceed 20)
Guest Players are unlimited as long as they are registered with a US Soccer affiliated organization and all players on roster are from the same organization
- There is a $20 parking fee for the weekend. We do not have individual day passes. We encourage carpooling to alleviate congestion
- Home team is the first team listed on the schedule. In playoff matches Home team is the team with the higher number of points from group play. HOME is WHITE... AWAY is DARK
- Both Teams must bring two sets of uniforms to each game, however if the referee determines there is a conflict, the home team will be required to change
- Teams will be located during games on the same side of the field. Spectators will be on the opposite side. No persons are permitted behind the goals
LAWS OF THE GAME:
- The games will be played in conformity with the rules of FIFA, USYSA and USSF, unless otherwise stated herein
- Modification of Games Rules for tournament
GAME LENGTHS AND NUMBER OF PLAYERS ON THE FIELD:
- U9 – U10 — 25 minute halves / 7 players a side
- U11 – U12 — 25 minute halves / 9 players a side
- U13 – U15 — 30 minute halves / 11 players a side
- U16 – U19 — 35 minute halves / 11 players a side
- In Playoffs two full 5-minutes overtime periods will be played
- If a tie still exists after overtime play, kicks from the mark will decide the winner
A player may be substituted at a stoppage of play with the permission of the referee.
SUBSTITUTION AGE LIMITS:
- Free substitutions
- Shin Guards – REQUIRED for all players (no exceptions.)
- Casts – casts are permitted with the permission of the referee
Modified Rules for Small Sided Ages Groups (U8-U12)
– No Heading (If a player deliberately heads the balls the opposing team will be given an indirect free-kick at the spot of the infraction.
– No punting or drop kicking by the goalkeeper.
– Build out line –
A. Goal-kick, The opposition can enter the build out area as soon as the ball is played.
B. GK in possession with their hands. The opposition can enter the build out area as soon as the goalkeeper puts the ball into play.
Example: If the goalkeeper makes a save and is in possession with their hands the opposition drops behind the build out line and if the goalkeeper places the ball on the ground the ball is in play.
– Offside is enforced at the build out line.
TOURNAMENT AND MATCH SCHEDULES:
Tournament Format: First round is round robin where numbers permit. Amount of advancing teams is based upon the numbers in the round robin play. Same for all age groups
- Match Schedules – Minimum number of matches a team will play is four. Number of matches per day will be a minimum of zero to a maximum of three. Majority will be one or two per day
- Referees – All matches will use referees certified by the federation
- Match Delays, Suspensions, Cancellations - Any match delays due to the weather or other situations will be handled by the tournament director based upon rescheduling openings or cancellation of play
Refund Policy – No refund of entry fee due to cancellations. If a team applies to tournament and cancels before the deadline of registration refund will be granted minus a $200 administrative fee. If a team cancels after the registration deadline no refund will be given
- Forfeit will happen if a team does not show up 5 minutes after the game is
supposed to start
- Once a team forfeits a match all further games will be forfeited as well
- Forfeited match results in a 0-6 loss for forfeited team
STANDINGS AND TIE-BREAKERS:
A point system is employed to determine the order of finish in-group play, as follows:
Three (3) points for a win
One (1) point for a tie
Zero (0) point for a loss
A team winning by FORFEIT will be awarded THREE (3) points and ONE goal
If teams are equal in points, the tie-breakers, in order shall be:
- Head-to-head competition
- Goal differential: total team goals for, minus goals against (max goal for/against is six per game)
- Fewest goals conceded (max goals for is six per game)
- Most goals scored (max goals against is six per game)
- Kicks from the mark between the two tied teams
MATCH AND SCORE REPORTING:
- Referees are responsible for reporting the cautions, and ejections to the
- Winning team managers are responsible for reporting the match results through online. Phone number, Event ID Number, Pin number and the game number will be provided to guide team managers to report the match result. Make sure to have the match number as it needed to finalize the report
PROTESTS & DISPUTES
- Protests require a $300 fee and must be made to the tournament director within 45 minutes of the game ending wanting to protest. Fee is refunded if protest is upheld
- Disputes – Non-referee decisions (Example – player eligibility issues or disputes over tournament rules) are handled by the judiciary chair of the tournament.
- A committee for protests and disputes is chaired and organized by the judiciary chair of the tournament
- The Judiciary Chair will make sure and provide a quick due process
- Decisions by referees may not be appealed
- Decisions by the judiciary committee deciding a protest or dispute are final and may not be appealed
CONDUCT AND DISCIPLINE:
- Team and spectator are expected to respect the referee and any tournament officials (e.g., field marshalls, staff, etc.). Any abusive action – whether verbal or physical will result in expulsion from the tournament a reported to the appropriate sanctioning organizations
- NO SMOKING, ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE PERMITTED
- Ejections – A player or coach sent off during a match is not allowed to participate in the next match
- The tournament committee may take additional disciplinary action against a team or individual for serious offenses, including suspension from the remainder of the tournament and non-eligibility for future tournaments of composed of our tournament committee
- Suspended players and coaches will only be allowed to sit with the spectators during the suspension period of the tournament. They will not be allowed to participate during the match
Report of Disciplinary Actions:
For United States teams, misconduct will be reported to WYS and USYS if necessary. All unserved and serious disciplinary action will be reported to WYS and USYS if necessary. b. For CONCACAF teams to tournament committee will notify the US Soccer Federation of disciplinary action taken, and the Federation will transmit the disciplinary action taken or required to that team’s provincial or national association.
The following size breakdown is used:
Size 4 for U10 - U12
Size 5 for U13 – U19
The winning team from each championship game will receive one team trophy and each player will receive a gold medal. The second-place team will receive one team trophy and each player will receive a silver medal.
WEATHER DELAYS and/or CANCELATION of the GAMES:
Any match delays due to the weather or other situations will be handled by the
tournament director based upon rescheduling or cancellation of play.
No refunds will be allowed due to the weather condition or any other conditions due to mother nature during tournament.
Should the tournament be cancelled before any games start due to exceeding the Air Quality Index recommendation, FULL refund will be granted