INLAND NORTHWEST (INW) 5-A-Side
Soccer Tournament Rules
Location of tournament is Spokane Sounders/Shadow Soccer Complex Polo Fileds.
Check-in: Check in is on Saturday 30 minutes prior to the first game at the Polo fields. Check-in is with the tournament director or tournament administrator. The following is required at check-in:
- Official tournament roster signed by association or club registrar or an official US Club roster or club director.
- US Club player passes not required.
- Travel Permission form if necessary.
Foreign Teams – For a team coming from a CONCACAF nation:
- Players must present passports at registration or, if from a nation that the United States does not require a passport, proof of entry into the United States that is required by the United States.
- Teams are required to have and present player picture identification cards.
Tournament rules must require that the team have a completed form from its
- Provincial or National Association approving the team’s participation in the tournament.
Tournament is open to teams from U-9/10Dev. (U9) to U19, Boys and girls. Maximum roster for all teams is 9 players. Guest Players are unlimited as long as they are registered with a US Soccer affiliated organization and all players on roster are from the same organization.
- Home team is the first team listed on the schedule. In Playoff matches Home team is the team with the higher number of points from group play.
- Both Teams must bring two sets of uniforms to each game, however if the referee determines there is a conflict, the home team will be required to change. In playoff matches the team with the lower amount of group play points is required to change.
- Teams will be located during games, on the same side of the field. Spectators will be on the opposite side. No persons are permitted behind the goals.
Tournament is open to teams from U-9 to U19, Boys and girls. Each team is allowed a maximum of 9 players.
U9 (January 1, 2012 – and younger)
U10 (January 1, 2011 - and younger)
U11 (January 1, 2010 - and younger)
U12 (January 1, 2009 - and younger)
U13 (January 1, 2008 - and younger)
U14 (January 1, 2007 – and younger)
U15 (January 1, 2006 – and younger)
U16 (January 1, 2005 – and younger)
U17 (January 1, 2004 – and younger)
U18 (January 1, 2003 – and younger)
U19 (January 1, 2002 – and younger)
Players may only play for one team in the same age group.
The games will be played in conformity with the rules of FIFA and USSF, unless otherwise stated herein. A player may be substituted at a stoppage of play.
Substitution is on the ‘fly.’ Substitution throughout the game must be from the same location.
There are four field players and goalkeeper on the field of play.
There is NO offside.
GAME LENGTHS (DURATION):
All age groups match consist of two 15 minute halves with a two minute halftime break. Running Clock no stoppages.
All players must wear approved shin guards covered entirely by socks. No hard casts are permitted. Soft casts are permitted with the permission of the referee. No jewelry of any kind may be worn by any player.
First round is round robin where numbers permit. Number of advancing teams is based upon the numbers in the round robin play. Everyone is guaranteed a minimum of 3 games.
All matches will have a certified referee certified by the USSF federation. There is one ref per match.
Match Delays, Suspensions, Cancellations – Any match delay due to the weather or other situations will be handled by the tournament director based upon the rescheduling openings or cancellation of play.
Refund Policy – No refund of entry fee due to cancellations. If a team applies to tournament and cancels before the deadline of registration refund will be granted minus a $100 administrative fee. If team cancels after the registration deadline no refund will be given.
Forfeit will happen if a team does not show up 5 minutes after the game is supposed to start. Minimum number of players to constitute a team is three. Once a team forfeits a match all further and past games will be forfeited as well. Forfeited match results in a 0-1 loss for forfeited team.
The following size breakdown is used: Size 4 for U9 – U12 & Size 5 for U13 and UP
A point system is employed to determine the order of finish in-group play, as follows:
- Six (6) points for a win
- Three (3) points for a tie
- Zero (0) point for a loss
- One (1) point for each goal up to three
- One (1) point for a shutout
- A team winning by FORFEIT will be awarded Eight (8) points and ONE goal.
If teams are equal in points, the tie-breakers, in order shall be:
- Head to head competition (If teams did not play against each other, move to next tie- breaker)
- Goal differential, i.e. total team goals for, minus goals against (up to 8 goals max per game)
- Less goals scored on (up to 8 goals max per game)
- Most goals scored (up to 8 goals max per game)
- FIFA "Kick from the Penalty Mark."
- A point will be deducted from total score for each red card received throughout the whole tournament.
- In semifinal and championship games, overtime periods will be played. One overtime periods consisting of 5 minutes. If match still tied, then FIFA “kick from the penalty mark.
Reporting Game Results: Winning team manager is responsible to call in the result. After the end of each game, two team managers SHALL meet with the referee after the game ends to confirm the result and then the winning team manager will call in the result.
How to call in the result?
Call 904-758-0875, Enter 4-digit pin TBA Event ID #TBA and the game number on the schedule. Then enter the result.
Other Laws of the Game:
- There is no heading allowed the U9, 10 and 11. Indirect free kick awarded for the fraction.
- The goalie can handle the ball inside the 6 yards’ box ONLY. U14/15 group will have a semi-circle instead of a rectangular box in front of the goal.
- There is no Offside.
- All penalty kicks are taken 12 yards from the goal line.
- All games 15 minute halves
- Substitution on the fly (free substitution). Player has to be out of the playing field before the sub can go in.
- There is no Build out line.
Protests are to be brought to the tournament headquarters immediately after the game. Teams have 60 minutes after the completion of the game to bring protest to tournament headquarters along with $100 non refundable fee. After 60 minutes no protests will be heard. The tournament committee and all involved will be heard and a decision will be rendered after all heard.
Disputes of non-referee decision will be decided by the tournament committee.
Once a decision by the tournament committee is decided it is final.
Any player receiving a red card is automatically suspended for next game. Should a player receive a second Red Card, that player shall be suspended for the remainder of the tournament. Same rules apply to a coach. When suspended or red carded the coach and/or player must leave the playing field. All unserved and serious disciplinary action will be reported to the State Association and US Club Soccer for US teams.
Any match delays due to the weather or other situations will be handled by the tournament director based upon rescheduling or cancellation of play. No refunds will be allowed due to the weather condition, cancellation or any other unforseen weather conditions due to mother nature.
NO SMOKING, ALCHOLIC BEVERAGES OR DOGS ARE PERMITTED!!!